Warning: Undefined array key "options" in /home/.sites/111/site5722365/web/wp/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/widgets/site-logo.php on line 192Skip to content
The long-term adviser will work in the prosecution field as part of the implementation team for the European Union grant-funded project “EU Support for Rule of Law” in the Republic of North Macedonia. The project is being implemented by an experienced international partnership led by the Agency for European Integration and Economic Development GmbH and three Co-Applicants – the Ministry of Justice and Administration of the Republic of Croatia, the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Austria and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the rule of law in the Republic of North Macedonia. Component 1 implements the following specific objective: To improve the capacities of justice institutions to deliver justice in a transparent and accountable manner.
One of the expected results in Component 1 of the project “EU Support for Rule of Law” is 1.1 Strategic advisory support provided to the actors in the judicial system.
The long-term adviser will provide direct day-to-day support for the Public Prosecution Office.
The main area of his/her work will be to strengthen the institutional capacity of PPO regarding the work plan, covering Activity 1.1.1. General assessment and Activity 1.2.2 Support strengthening the capacity of the Chief Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of North Macedonia for a better internal organization/management and to improve the communication and support for the PPOs in the country.
Under the guidance and support of the Component 1 Leader and experts, the adviser will cover the aspects for PPO regarding the following activities in Component 1 – Activity 1.1.2 Support the implementation of the Strategy for Reform of the Judicial Sector and the reform process, activity 1.1.3 Support the Human Resource Management (HRM) of the judiciary and public prosecution, activity 1.2.1 Analysis and improvement of the justice chain and enforcement process in order to increase efficiency, Activity 1.2.3 Promote the idea of specialization in the PPO and the ICs to accelerate investigations and use specialised knowledge in a sustainable way, Activity 1.2.5 Supporting capacity building of the Council of Public Prosecutors and the Judicial Council, Activity 1.3.1 Support for implementation of ICT Strategy, Activity 1.4.1. Support the functioning of Academy for Judges and Pubic prosecutors, Activity 1.5.1. Support the coordination mechanism in the Macedonian justice sector.
The adviser will cooperate with all PPOs and provide support through coaching and mentoring by providing day-to-day support to prosecutors, investigators, legal assistants and supporting staff on demand.
Regarding the foreseen activities in the Work Plan for Component 1, the first priority is to support the process of a general assessment of the working standards in the PPO and prepare a uniform methodology for assessment and monitoring the reforms regarding the level of preparation for the new Strategy for Reform of the Judicial Sector for the period 2023 – 2027.
The adviser’s tasks will also include providing support for strengthening the capacity of the Chief Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of North Macedonia for a better internal organization/management and to improve the communication and support for the PPOs in the country.
Under the supervision and guidance of the component leader and other mid-term and short-term experts:
• Providing direct day-to-day support to the Public Prosecution Office (PPO)
• Coaching and mentoring by providing day-to-day support to prosecutors, investigators, legal assistants and supporting staff
• Drafting reports/ analysis regarding the PPO
• Developing recommendations and providing advice to the Public Prosecution Office of the Republic of North Macedonia for a better internal organization and management
• Review of the existing model and improving the communication in the PPO and between PPO and judicial institutions to improve efficiency regarding internal and international cooperation
• Academic degree in Law
• Bar exam
• At least 8 years of working experience in judicial institutions
• Demonstrated a high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in a complex environment and under tight deadlines
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including experience performing gap assessments, institutional assessment and capacity building
• A post-graduate degree in Criminal law would be a distinct advantage
• Experience in working in Public Prosecution Office in the Republic of North Macedonia
• Extensive experience in capacity building in Judicial Institutions
• Prior working experience in EU projects