Modernisation of the Customs Administration in view of preparing for the Integrated Tariff Management System (ITMS)
The main objective of the project was the development and implementation of national systems required by the Croatian Customs Administration to connect with the EU IT systems to enable the exchange of information between the EC and EU Member States immediately upon accession to the EU.
In order to comply with the EU IT systems, according to the EU Legislation and DG TAXUD’s practices, the ITMS (Integrated Tariff Management System) must be developed and in place by the date of accession.
- ITMS covers several “tariff related” systems dealing with exchanging the information:
- TARIC (Tariff Integre Communautaire),
- TQS (Tariff Quotas and Surveillance),
- EBTI (European Binding Tarif Information),
- ISPP (Information System for Processing Procedures),
- SMS (Specimen Management System),
- ECICS (European Customs Inventory of Chemical Substances), and
- BOI (Binding Origin Information)
Component 1: Administrative capacity building in the EU Customs tariff related areas
- All necessary legal provisions (primary, secondary, tertiary legislation) drafted in the EU Customs tariff related areas
- All necessary guidelines, reports, manuals prepared on relevant procedures
- ITMS IT and business team fully set up, with appropriate job profiles, etc.
- A comprehensive training programme (with train-the-trainer component) on the EU Customs tariff related areas implemented
- Customs officials trained in EU non-tariff-related measures and binding origin information
- A number of tariff-related study visits/internships to Austria were organised
Component 2: Preparing the development of an Integrated Tariff Management
- Business Change Management Plan (BSMP) for the full business implementation of the procedures in the EU Customs tariff related areas (including trade community)
- Review and update/ enhancement of the ToR for Phare 2005 ITMS service contract (TARIC Development/ Adaptations) (if project is approved as part of the PHARE 2005 programme)
- Project Initiation Document (including implementation plan) available for the Integrated Tariff Management System (ITMS) Project
- User Requirements available for the ITMS Project
- ToR for the Phare 2006 ITMS development project (if project is approved as part of the PHARE 2006 programme) and requirements for the ITMS Project Quality Plan (PQP) prepared